- I charge a project rate that varies depending on the length and quality of your manuscript. Contact me for a personalized quote based on your needs and manuscript.
- If you would like me to quote based on hours, words, or pages, I can convert my per project rate to any of the above for you.
- My website, estimates, invoice, and contract are in US dollars because the majority of my clients are American. If you live outside of the United States, you will have to convert this to your local currency. Ex/ $900 USD is approximately $1100 in Canadian funds.
- All Canadian clients are charged GST and PST on their invoice.
- I charge deposits on all services.
Please follow the checklist below when you format your document. Any documents that need formatting before I can start the manuscript assessment will incur a $50 formatting charge.
- Word document
- Times New Roman font
- 12 point font size
- Double spaced
- 1" margins
- Page header with your name and manuscript title on the top left side
- Page numbers on the top right side
- Page breaks at the end of chapters
- Numbered chapter headings
- Indented paragraphs
For editing jobs under 5000 words, Fiction Therapy sessions, and manuscript critiques, I require a 50% non-refundable booking deposit and full payment before our start date.
For editing jobs over 5000 words, I require a 50% non-refundable booking deposit, 25% before our start date, and full payment upon completion of services.
I bill all multi-phase editing options as packages: there is a 50% nonrefundable deposit to secure your spot on my calendar, 20% is due 24 hours before we start work, 15% is due after the first service is complete, and 15% is due upon completion of all services.
Your deposit terms will be explained further in your contract.
I tailor the EAC's contract to suit the services that I am performing for you. I will not work without a signed contract. The Editors' Association of Canada contract template can be downloaded HERE
Any payment after the due date is subject to 2% interest per week, and I won't send your completed edit until the payment is made. Please see your contract for specifics.
In agreement with the Editor’s Association of Canada’s sample contract found here :
“Editing is intrinsically a process of offering advice and suggestions to the Author and Client. In addition to offering such advice and suggestions, the Editor’s responsibility is limited to notifying the Client of any unresolved differences with the Author before the work proceeds to the next stage of production. While the Editor will make every effort to bring questionable material to the attention of the Client, the Client agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Editor from any and all claims or demands, including legal fees, arising out of any alleged libel or copyright infringement committed by the Author or Client in creating the work.”
Cancellation & Kill Fees
Please see your contract for cancellation fees and terms.
Scope of Work & Adding Services
Sometimes the scope of work changes, or a client chooses to add further services once a job has started. Any editorial work not included in the original contract will be treated as a new job and will be billed as such, and we will come to a separate agreement and create a new job contract for those services. I can only take on extra work if it fits into my schedule. If the scope or work turns out to be much more than what was obvious from the sample that I quoted before we agreed upon, I reserve the right to request further funds, an extension of the deadline, or termination of the project and payment of time worked to that point.
All communication will be done via email, during business hours.
*When there are differences between my Terms & Services/FAQ on this website and the terms outlined in our contract, the contract will be deemed correct and tailored to your specific project. Contracts are legally binding. Please read your entire contract before signing*