How do you know if you are ready to hire an editor or literary consultant?
- Your manuscript is finished - or close to it
- This is not your first draft.
- You want constructive feedback on your story and characters
- You have had friends or beta readers read your manuscript and they think it has potential
- You have self-edited your work, using spelling and grammer checkers, and going over each page looking for noticable errors
- You have formatted your manuscript to fit your editor's guidelines
- You are comfortable using Track Changes in Word
- You have an understanding of what an editor can and cannot do for you